Monday, October 11, 2010

The multipurpose surf shaper stand

Here it comes! This is my very first time I will cut a piece of wood with the intention of using it for something else than poking dead animals or throwing it as far as I can....
I am from France and I was raised with the metric system, here, in USA you have this weird measure: inch, foot, yard, 1/2, 1/8, 1/32!! of inch well it is a nightmare for me! It is not that it is hard to go along with but having to approximate the quantity of wood needed I am always waaaayy off! For example, concerning the balsa, I think I will be able to make a second small surfboard for my 3 years old daughter...
Never mind, it is, I guess, better to have a “little” more than being stop because of supply shortage.
So to start with the stand here is what it should look like:





If I have the time, I will make an Ikea like type of plan of all the constructions.
Above the 2 feet of the stand, I will be able to change from the shaper kind of tip to the glassing kind of type tip. And on the “shaper tip” I should be able to put the rocker table.
Almost all the pieces are cut, I have started the assembly and I will post some pictures of the finishing product. To have the different extension attached on the feet I will use big screws and bolts, this will help me to reduce the cluttering of the patio...
Please click on the ads that you will find within this blog it will help me to alleviate the spending, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment