Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The clamps

Hey I might have found a solution: plastic pipes. I have seen people from wood building forum using piece of pipes with a cut in one side. That might work... I’m wondering about the strength of those pipes but by drilling each side and add a screw with a butterfly bolt, I would be able to increase the stiffness. He-he, I’m feeling smart ;-)...
So I went to my very new favorite store, Home Depot, to buy a piece of pipe, a big black thick one and a saw. I cut several one inch large pieces of pipe and voila, I just gave myself 24 pretty descent clamps and a saw for under 20 bucks!
I also find very cheap lumber (20 for less than 10 dollars) that will certainly help me to glue the decks. I have seen their use in this video from youtube: here.
I think as well that I have to build a stand, may be this week end...
But guess what, I am still waiting for the wood to be delivered!

No comments:

Post a Comment