Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A good pair of scissors

I am still waiting the wood... They say that it is in process...
Yesterday I went to Kinko’s in order to have the plan print to scale. For 15 bucks I got a very nice “blue print”.





Yes, that's me, I look like a dumb dude on that picture... well, it's me...
Now I’m spending my time cutting the paper and starting to imagine what each step of the building process may look like. To date I think I might need a big wood plank that will help me with putting the frame together. I think to glue the spin and the ribs first and then try to bend around the skin of the rails to finish with the upper and bottom deck. To cut the wood I bought the Dremel Trio, they say that it could be a substitute to the jig saw, the sander and the router! Well, it’s look sweet ‘on the paper’, I hope that the balsa is soft enough to be cut with this tool.
An other concern is clamps, I would need many of them and the cheapest one that should do the job are 6 to 7 US dollars a piece.... I have to find something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment