Monday, October 11, 2010

It’s getting serious now!

It was a busy week end for me as the wood arrived from http://www.specializedbalsa.com/. The order came well packaged (very important with this so light and fragile balsa), the cut seems to be good at a first glance. It is pricey but it is as well one of the cheapest I was able to find. I guess If you are ready to work with rough balsa, you can pay a lot more less. Let say that you will just need a band saw, a table saw, a planer, a moisture meter, a sander, a very big room to store and cut your wood (that you have to find somewhere), etc, etc..... Personally I have a patio, a barbecue and a Dremel.
With the good news from the wood coming in, I rushed to Home Depot to pick up some woods to make a stand, but not ordinary one: an adjustable surf shaper stand with rocker table add on! Yeah, the full option!
I have to be honest, my Dremel felt a little bit lonely and with the coming work, she was really scared as well, so I brought her a new friend a jigsaw! Factory reconditioned 14 bucks on Amazon, arrived within a week of the order and proven to be really efficient. I’m pretty happy about this buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment